WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. constriction, bottleneck, chokepoint, narrowing
- usage: a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- 2. constriction, coarctation, compression, condensation, contraction
- usage: tight or narrow compression
- 3. constriction, tightness, feeling
- usage: a tight feeling in some part of the body; "he felt a constriction in her chest"; "she felt an alarming tightness in her chest"; "emotion caused a constriction of his throat"
- 4. constriction, compression, compressing
- usage: the action or process of compressing
All rights reserved.
See also: constriction (Dictionary)