WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. constraint, restraint, confinement
- usage: the state of being physically constrained; "dogs should be kept under restraint"
- 2. restraint, constraint, device
- usage: a device that retards something's motion; "the car did not have proper restraints fitted"
- 3. constraint, restriction, confinement
- usage: the act of constraining; the threat or use of force to control the thoughts or behavior of others
All rights reserved.
See also: constraint (Dictionary)