WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot, phenomenon
- usage: a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon; "the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"; "his decision had depressing consequences for business"; "he acted very wise after the event"
- 2. consequence, aftermath, result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination
- usage: the outcome of an event especially as relative to an individual
- 3. consequence, import, moment, significance
- usage: having important effects or influence; "decisions of great consequence are made by the president himself"; "virtue is of more moment than security"; "that result is of no consequence"
All rights reserved.
See also: consequence (Dictionary)