Synonyms of conniving
- 1. connive, assent, accede, acquiesce
- usage: encourage or assent to illegally or criminally
- 2. scheme, intrigue, connive, plot
- usage: form intrigues (for) in an underhand manner
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. collusive, conniving, covert (vs. overt)
- usage: acting together in secret toward a fraudulent or illegal end
- 2. calculating, calculative, conniving, scheming, shrewd, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: used of persons; "the most calculating and selfish men in the community"
All rights reserved.