- 1. conjunction, conjunctive, connective, continuative, function word, closed-class word
- usage: an uninflected function word that serves to conjoin words or phrases or clauses or sentences
- 2. connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective, instrumentality, instrumentation
- usage: an instrumentality that connects; "he soldered the connection"; "he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. connective, conjunctive (vs. disjunctive)
- usage: connecting or tending to connect; "connective remarks between chapters"; "connective tissue in animals"; "conjunctive tissue in plants"
All rights reserved.
See also: connective (Dictionary)