WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. connection, connexion, connectedness, relation
- usage: a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it); "there was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare"
- 2. connection, link, connectedness, union, unification
- usage: the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable"
- 3. connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective, instrumentality, instrumentation
- usage: an instrumentality that connects; "he soldered the connection"; "he didn't have the right connector between the amplifier and the speakers"
- 4. connection, acquaintance, friend
- usage: (usually plural) a person who is influential and to whom you are connected in some way (as by family or friendship); "he has powerful connections"
- 5. association, connection, connexion, memory, remembering
- usage: the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination; "conditioning is a form of learning by association"
- 6. connection, connexion, link, shape, form
- usage: a connecting shape
- 7. connection, supplier, provider
- usage: a supplier (especially of narcotics)
- 8. connection, connexion, transportation, transport, transfer, transferral, conveyance
- usage: shifting from one form of transportation to another; "the plane was late and he missed his connection in Atlanta"
- 9. joining, connection, connexion, change of integrity
- usage: the act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication); "the joining of hands around the table"; "there was a connection via the internet"
All rights reserved.
See also: connection (Dictionary)