- 1. conjunction, conjunctive, connective, continuative, function word, closed-class word
- usage: an uninflected function word that serves to conjoin words or phrases or clauses or sentences
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. conjunctive (vs. disjunctive), copulative, connective
- usage: serving or tending to connect
- 2. concerted, conjunct, conjunctive, cooperative, joint (vs. separate)
- usage: involving the joint activity of two or more; "concerted action"; "the conjunct influence of fire and strong wind"; "the conjunctive focus of political opposition"; "a cooperative effort"; "a united effort"; "joint military activities"
All rights reserved.
See also: conjunctive (Dictionary)