WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concurrence, coincidence, conjunction, co-occurrence, simultaneity, simultaneousness
- usage: the temporal property of two things happening at the same time; "the interval determining the coincidence gate is adjustable"
- 2. junction, conjunction, conjugation, colligation, union, unification
- usage: the state of being joined together
- 3. conjunction, conjunctive, connective, continuative, function word, closed-class word
- usage: an uninflected function word that serves to conjoin words or phrases or clauses or sentences
- 4. conjunction, grammatical relation
- usage: the grammatical relation between linguistic units (words or phrases or clauses) that are connected by a conjunction
- 5. conjunction, alignment, meeting, encounter
- usage: (astronomy) apparent meeting or passing of two or more celestial bodies in the same degree of the zodiac
- 6. junction, conjunction, connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective
- usage: something that joins or connects
All rights reserved.
See also: conjunction (Dictionary)