WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. junction, conjunction, conjugation, colligation, union, unification
- usage: the state of being joined together
- 2. conjugation, inflection, inflexion
- usage: the inflection of verbs
- 3. conjugation, set
- usage: the complete set of inflected forms of a verb
- 4. conjugation, class, category, family
- usage: a class of verbs having the same inflectional forms
- 5. coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual union, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: the act of pairing a male and female for reproductive purposes; "the casual couplings of adolescents"; "the mating of some species occurs only in the spring"
- 6. union, unification, uniting, conjugation, jointure, combination, combining, compounding
- usage: the act of making or becoming a single unit; "the union of opposing factions"; "he looked forward to the unification of his family for the holidays"
All rights reserved.
See also: conjugation (Dictionary)