WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. congregation, fold, faithful, social group
- usage: a group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church
- 2. congregation, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: an assemblage of people or animals or things collected together; "a congregation of children pleaded for his autograph"; "a great congregation of birds flew over"
- 3. congregation, congregating, assembly, assemblage, gathering
- usage: the act of congregating
All rights reserved.
See also: congregation (Dictionary)