Synonyms of confused
- 1. confuse, confound, mistake, misidentify
- usage: mistake one thing for another; "you are confusing me with the other candidate"; "I mistook her for the secretary"
- 2. confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate, be
- usage: be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly; "These questions confuse even the experts"; "This question completely threw me"; "This question befuddled even the teacher"
- 3. confuse, flurry, disconcert, put off, embarrass, abash
- usage: cause to feel embarrassment; "The constant attention of the young man confused her"
- 4. jumble, confuse, mix up, assemble, piece, put together, set up, tack, tack together
- usage: assemble without order or sense; "She jumbles the words when she is supposed to write a sentence"
- 5. confuse, blur, obscure, obnubilate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make unclear, indistinct, or blurred; "Her remarks confused the debate"; "Their words obnubilate their intentions"
- 1. baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, lost, mazed, mixed-up, at sea, perplexed (vs. unperplexed)
- usage: perplexed by many conflicting situations or statements; filled with bewilderment; "obviously bemused by his questions"; "bewildered and confused"; "a cloudy and confounded philosopher"; "just a mixed-up kid"; "she felt lost on the first day of school"
- 2. confused, disconnected, disjointed, disordered, garbled, illogical, scattered, unconnected, incoherent (vs. coherent)
- usage: lacking orderly continuity; "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts"
- 3. confused, disoriented, lost, unoriented (vs. oriented)
- usage: having lost your bearings; confused as to time or place or personal identity; "I frequently find myself disoriented when I come up out of the subway"; "the anesthetic left her completely disoriented"
- 4. broken, confused, disordered, upset, disorganized (vs. organized), disorganised
- usage: thrown into a state of disarray or confusion; "troops fleeing in broken ranks"; "a confused mass of papers on the desk"; "the small disordered room"; "with everything so upset"
- 5. confused (vs. clearheaded), addlebrained, addlepated, puddingheaded, muddleheaded, addled, befuddled, muddled, muzzy, woolly, wooly, woolly-headed, wooly-minded, befogged, befuddled, clouded, dazed, stunned, stupefied, stupid(predicate), dazzled, trancelike, punch-drunk, silly, slaphappy, spaced-out, perplexed
- usage: mentally confused; unable to think with clarity or act intelligently; "the flood of questions left her bewildered and confused"
All rights reserved.