Synonyms of confirming
- 1. confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
- 2. confirm, reassert, affirm
- usage: strengthen or make more firm; "The witnesses confirmed the victim's account"
- 3. confirm, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: make more firm; "Confirm thy soul in self-control!"
- 4. confirm, approve, O.K., okay, sanction
- usage: support a person for a position; "The Senate confirmed the President's candidate for Secretary of Defense"
- 5. confirm, covenant
- usage: administer the rite of confirmation to; "the children were confirmed in their mother's faith"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. positive (vs. negative), confirming, Gram-positive
- usage: indicating existence or presence of a suspected condition or pathogen; "a positive pregnancy test"
- 2. collateral, confirmative, confirming, confirmatory, corroborative, corroboratory, substantiating, substantiative, validating, validatory, verificatory, verifying, supportive (vs. unsupportive)
- usage: serving to support or corroborate; "collateral evidence"
All rights reserved.