WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confirmation, verification, check, substantiation, proof, cogent evidence
- usage: additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct; "fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory"
- 2. confirmation, information, info
- usage: information that confirms or verifies
- 3. ratification, confirmation, agreement
- usage: making something valid by formally ratifying or confirming it; "the ratification of the treaty"; "confirmation of the appointment"
- 4. confirmation, religious ceremony, religious ritual
- usage: a ceremony held in the synagogue (usually at Pentecost) to admit as adult members of the Jewish community young men and women who have successfully completed a course of study in Judaism
- 5. confirmation, sacrament
- usage: a sacrament admitting a baptized person to full participation in the church
All rights reserved.
See also: confirmation (Dictionary)