WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. parturiency, labor, labour, confinement, lying-in, travail, childbed, parturition, birth, giving birth, birthing
- usage: concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child; "she was in labor for six hours"
- 2. confinement, restraint
- usage: the act of restraining of a person's liberty by confining them
- 3. confinement, subjugation, subjection
- usage: the state of being confined; "he was held in confinement"
- 4. restriction, confinement, restraint
- usage: the act of keeping something within specified bounds (by force if necessary); "the restriction of the infection to a focal area"
All rights reserved.
See also: confinement (Dictionary)