WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. condense, distill, distil, liquefy, flux, liquify
- usage: undergo condensation; change from a gaseous to a liquid state and fall in drops; "water condenses"; "The acid distills at a specific temperature"
- 2. digest, condense, concentrate, abridge, foreshorten, abbreviate, shorten, cut, contract, reduce
- usage: make more concise; "condense the contents of a book into a summary"
- 3. condense, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove water from; "condense the milk"
- 4. condense, change integrity
- usage: cause a gas or vapor to change into a liquid; "The cold air condensed the steam"
- 5. condense, intensify, deepen
- usage: become more compact or concentrated; "Her feelings condensed"
- 6. condense, arise, come up
- usage: develop due to condensation; "All our planets condensed out of the same material"
- 7. condense, concentrate, contract, change, alter, modify
- usage: compress or concentrate; "Congress condensed the three-year plan into a six-month plan"
All rights reserved.
See also: condense (Dictionary)