WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concoction, mixture, intermixture, foodstuff, food product
- usage: any foodstuff made by combining different ingredients; "he volunteered to taste her latest concoction"; "he drank a mixture of beer and lemonade"
- 2. concoction, mix, mixture
- usage: an occurrence of an unusual mixture; "it suddenly spewed out a thick green concoction"
- 3. concoction, invention, innovation, excogitation, conception, design
- usage: the invention of a scheme or story to suit some purpose; "his testimony was a concoction"; "she has no peer in the concoction of mystery stories"
- 4. confection, concoction, creating from raw materials
- usage: the act of creating something (a medicine or drink or soup etc.) by compounding or mixing a variety of components
All rights reserved.
See also: concoction (Dictionary)