WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pacify, lenify, conciliate, assuage, appease, mollify, placate, gentle, gruntle, calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
- usage: cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of; "She managed to mollify the angry customer"
- 2. reconcile, patch up, make up, conciliate, settle, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: come to terms; "After some discussion we finally made up"
- 3. accommodate, reconcile, conciliate, harmonize, harmonise
- usage: make (one thing) compatible with (another); "The scientists had to accommodate the new results with the existing theories"
All rights reserved.
See also: conciliate (Dictionary)