WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. concept, conception, construct, idea, thought
- usage: an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances
- 2. conception, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: the act of becoming pregnant; fertilization of an ovum by a spermatozoon
- 3. creation, conception, beginning
- usage: the event that occurred at the beginning of something; "from its creation the plan was doomed to failure"
- 4. invention, innovation, excogitation, conception, design, creativity, creativeness, creative thinking
- usage: the creation of something in the mind
All rights reserved.
See also: conception (Dictionary)