WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amour propre, conceit, self-love, vanity, pride, pridefulness
- usage: feelings of excessive pride
- 2. conceit, trope, figure of speech, figure, image
- usage: an elaborate poetic image or a far-fetched comparison of very dissimilar things
- 3. conceit, turn of phrase, turn of expression
- usage: a witty or ingenious turn of phrase; "he could always come up with some inspired off-the-wall conceit"
- 4. conceit, device
- usage: an artistic device or effect; "the architect's brilliant conceit was to build the house around the tree"
- 5. conceit, conceitedness, vanity, trait
- usage: the trait of being unduly vain and conceited; false pride
All rights reserved.
See also: conceit (Dictionary)