Synonyms of compromising
- 1. compromise, agree
- usage: make a compromise; arrive at a compromise; "nobody will get everything he wants; we all must compromise"
- 2. compromise, settle, square off, square up, determine
- usage: settle by concession
- 3. compromise, queer, expose, scupper, endanger, peril
- usage: expose or make liable to danger, suspicion, or disrepute; "The nuclear secrets of the state were compromised by the spy"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compromising (vs. uncompromising), conciliatory, flexible, yielding
- usage: making or willing to make concessions; "loneliness tore through him...whenever he thought of...even the compromising Louis du Tillet"
- 2. compromising, vulnerable (vs. invulnerable)
- usage: vulnerable to danger especially of discredit or suspicion; "she found herself in a compromising situation"
All rights reserved.