WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consist, comprise, be
- usage: be composed of; "The land he conquered comprised several provinces"; "What does this dish consist of?"
- 2. incorporate, contain, comprise, include
- usage: include or contain; have as a component; "A totally new idea is comprised in this paper"; "The record contains many old songs from the 1930's"
- 3. constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
All rights reserved.
See also: comprise (Dictionary)