WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. composition, composing, placement, arrangement
- usage: the spatial property resulting from the arrangement of parts in relation to each other and to the whole; "harmonious composition is essential in a serious work of art"
- 2. constitution, composition, physical composition, makeup, make-up, property
- usage: the way in which someone or something is composed
- 3. composition, mixture
- usage: a mixture of ingredients
- 4. musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music, music
- usage: a musical work that has been created; "the composition is written in four movements"
- 5. composing, composition, creating by mental acts
- usage: musical creation
- 6. writing, authorship, composition, penning, verbal creation
- usage: the act of creating written works; "writing was a form of therapy for him"; "it was a matter of disputed authorship"
- 7. typography, composition, printing, printing process
- usage: art and technique of printing with movable type
- 8. composition, paper, report, theme, essay
- usage: an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
- 9. composition, creation
- usage: something that is created by arranging several things to form a unified whole; "he envied the composition of their faculty"
All rights reserved.
See also: composition (Dictionary)