WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compose, constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: form the substance of; "Greed and ambition composed his personality"
- 2. compose, write, make, create
- usage: write music; "Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
- 3. write, compose, pen, indite, create verbally
- usage: produce a literary work; "She composed a poem"; "He wrote four novels"
- 4. compose, compile, make
- usage: put together out of existing material; "compile a list"
- 5. compose, calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still
- usage: calm (someone, especially oneself); make quiet; "She had to compose herself before she could reply to this terrible insult"
- 6. frame, compose, draw up, plan
- usage: make up plans or basic details for; "frame a policy"
All rights reserved.
See also: compose (Dictionary)