WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. component, constituent, element, factor, ingredient, part, section, division
- usage: an abstract part of something; "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"
- 2. part, portion, component part, component, constituent, relation
- usage: something determined in relation to something that includes it; "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"; "the animal constituent of plankton"
- 3. component, constituent, element, part, portion
- usage: an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system; "spare components for cars"; "a component or constituent element of a system"
All rights reserved.
See also: component (Dictionary)