- 1. complexion, skin color, skin colour, color, colour, coloring, colouring
- usage: the coloring of a person's face
- 2. complexion, combination
- usage: a combination that results from coupling or interlinking; "diphthongs are complexions of vowels"
- 3. complexion, point of view, viewpoint, stand, standpoint
- usage: a point of view or general attitude or inclination; "he altered the complexion of his times"; "a liberal political complexion"
- 4. complexion, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: texture and appearance of the skin of the face
- 5. complexion, nature
- usage: (obsolete) a combination of elements (of dryness and warmth or of the four humors) that was once believed to determine a person's health and temperament
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. complexion, tint, tinct, tinge, touch
- usage: give a certain color to; "The setting sun complexioned the hills"
All rights reserved.
See also: complexion (Dictionary)