WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ailment, complaint, ill, disorder, upset
- usage: an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
- 2. complaint, cry, yell
- usage: (formerly) a loud cry (or repeated cries) of pain or rage or sorrow
- 3. complaint, objection
- usage: an expression of grievance or resentment
- 4. complaint, pleading
- usage: (civil law) the first pleading of the plaintiff setting out the facts on which the claim for relief is based
- 5. charge, complaint, pleading
- usage: (criminal law) a pleading describing some wrong or offense; "he was arrested on a charge of larceny"
All rights reserved.
See also: complaint (Dictionary)