WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. competition, business relation
- usage: a business relation in which two parties compete to gain customers; "business competition can be fiendish at times"
- 2. contest, competition, social event
- usage: an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants
- 3. competition, contention, rivalry, group action
- usage: the act of competing as for profit or a prize; "the teams were in fierce contention for first place"
- 4. rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender, contestant
- usage: the contestant you hope to defeat; "he had respect for his rivals"; "he wanted to know what the competition was doing"
All rights reserved.
See also: competition (Dictionary)