WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compensation, recompense
- usage: something (such as money) given or received as payment or reparation (as for a service or loss or injury)
- 2. compensation, defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense, defence
- usage: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism that conceals your undesirable shortcomings by exaggerating desirable behaviors
- 3. recompense, compensation, correction, rectification
- usage: the act of compensating for service or loss or injury
All rights reserved.
See also: compensation (Dictionary)