WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. comparison, comparing, examination, scrutiny
- usage: the act of examining resemblances; "they made a comparison of noise levels"; "the fractions selected for comparison must require pupils to consider both numerator and denominator"
- 2. comparison, relation
- usage: relation based on similarities and differences
- 3. comparison, compare, equivalence, comparability, likeness, alikeness, similitude
- usage: qualities that are comparable; "no comparison between the two books"; "beyond compare"
All rights reserved.
See also: comparison (Dictionary)