- 1. comparison, compare, equivalence, comparability, likeness, alikeness, similitude
- usage: qualities that are comparable; "no comparison between the two books"; "beyond compare"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. compare, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: examine and note the similarities or differences of; "John compared his haircut to his friend's"; "We compared notes after we had both seen the movie"
- 2. compare, be
- usage: be comparable; "This car does not compare with our line of Mercedes"
- 3. compare, liken, equate, study, consider
- usage: consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous; "We can compare the Han dynasty to the Romans"; "You cannot equate success in financial matters with greed"
- 4. compare, inflect
- usage: to form the comparative or superlative form on an adjective or adverb
All rights reserved.
See also: compare (Dictionary)