- 1. comparative, comparative degree, adjective, adverb
- usage: the comparative form of an adjective or adverb; "`faster' is the comparative of the adjective `fast'"; "`less famous' is the comparative degree of the adjective `famous'"; "`more surely' is the comparative of the adverb `surely'"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. comparative
- usage: relating to or based on or involving comparison; "comparative linguistics"
- 2. relative (vs. absolute), comparative, relational
- usage: estimated by comparison; not absolute or complete; "a relative stranger"
All rights reserved.
See also: comparative (Dictionary)