WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. commutation, commuting, travel, traveling, travelling
- usage: the travel of a commuter
- 2. commutation, warrant
- usage: a warrant substituting a lesser punishment for a greater one
- 3. commutation, re-sentencing, clemency, mercifulness, mercy
- usage: (law) the reduction in severity of a punishment imposed by law
- 4. substitution, exchange, commutation, change
- usage: the act of putting one thing or person in the place of another: "he sent Smith in for Jones but the substitution came too late to help"
All rights reserved.
See also: commutation (Dictionary)