WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. disturbance, disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle, disorder
- usage: a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused"
- 2. commotion, din, ruction, ruckus, rumpus, tumult, disturbance
- usage: the act of making a noisy disturbance
- 3. whirl, commotion, movement, motion
- usage: confused movement; "he was caught up in a whirl of work"; "a commotion of people fought for the exits"
All rights reserved.
See also: commotion (Dictionary)