Synonyms of common law
- 1. case law, precedent, common law, civil law
- usage: (civil law) a law established by following earlier judicial decisions
- 2. common law, case law, precedent, law, jurisprudence
- usage: a system of jurisprudence based on judicial precedents rather than statutory laws; "common law originated in the unwritten laws of England and was later applied in the United States"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. common-law(predicate), unwritten (vs. written)
- usage: based on common law; "a common-law right"
All rights reserved.