WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. committedness, commitment, seriousness, earnestness, serious-mindedness, sincerity
- usage: the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose; "a man of energy and commitment"
- 2. commitment, allegiance, loyalty, dedication, cooperation
- usage: the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action; "his long commitment to public service"; "they felt no loyalty to a losing team"
- 3. commitment, engagement, participation, involvement, involution
- usage: an engagement by contract involving financial obligation; "his business commitments took him to London"
- 4. commitment, dedication, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message that makes a pledge
- 5. commitment, committal, consignment, confinement
- usage: the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
All rights reserved.
See also: commitment (Dictionary)