Synonyms of commissioned
- 1. commission, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: put into commission; equip for service; of ships
- 2. commission, order
- usage: place an order for
- 3. commission, authorize, authorise, pass, clear
- usage: charge with a task
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. commissioned (vs. noncommissioned)
- usage: (of military officers) holding by virtue of a commission a rank of second lieutenant or ensign or above
- 2. accredited, commissioned, licensed, licenced, authorized (vs. unauthorized), authorised
- usage: given official approval to act; "an accredited college"; "commissioned broker"; "licensed pharmacist"; "authorized representative"
All rights reserved.