WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. commerce, commercialism, mercantilism, transaction, dealing, dealings
- usage: transactions (sales and purchases) having the objective of supplying commodities (goods and services)
- 2. Department of Commerce, Commerce Department, Commerce, DoC, executive department
- usage: the United States federal department that promotes and administers domestic and foreign trade (including management of the census and the patent office); created in 1913
- 3. commerce, conversation
- usage: social exchange, especially of opinions, attitudes, etc.
All rights reserved.
See also: commerce (Dictionary)