WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beginning, commencement, first, outset, get-go, start, kickoff, starting time, showtime, offset, point, point in time
- usage: the time at which something is supposed to begin; "they got an early start"; "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- 2. commencement, commencement exercise, commencement ceremony, graduation, graduation exercise, exercise
- usage: an academic exercise in which diplomas are conferred
- 3. beginning, start, commencement, change of state
- usage: the act of starting something; "he was responsible for the beginning of negotiations"
All rights reserved.
See also: commencement (Dictionary)