Synonyms of come up
- 1. come up, generate, bring forth
- usage: bring forth, usually something desirable; "The committee came up with some interesting recommendations"
- 2. arise, come up, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: result or issue; "A slight unpleasantness arose from this discussion"
- 3. come, come up, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move toward, travel toward something or somebody or approach something or somebody; "He came singing down the road"; "Come with me to the Casbah"; "come down here!"; "come out of the closet!"; "come into the room"
- 4. surface, come up, rise up, rise, ascend, go up
- usage: come to the surface
- 5. arise, come up, bob up, become
- usage: originate or come into being; "a question arose"
- 6. rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
- 7. come up, arise, come up
- usage: be mentioned; "These names came up in the discussion"
- 8. go on, come up, come on, start, go, get going
- usage: start running, functioning, or operating; "the lights went on"; "the computer came up"
- 9. line up, get hold, come up, find, get, acquire
- usage: get something or somebody for a specific purpose; "I found this gadget that will serve as a bottle opener"; "I got hold of these tools to fix our plumbing"; "The chairman got hold of a secretary on Friday night to type the urgent letter"
- 10. rise, come up, uprise, ascend, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: come up, of celestial bodies; "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"
- 11. scrape, scrape up, scratch, come up, roll up, collect, accumulate, pile up, amass, compile, hoard
- usage: gather (money or other resources) together over time; "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living"
- 12. muster, rally, summon, come up, muster up, gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: gather or bring together; "muster the courage to do something"; "she rallied her intellect"; "Summon all your courage"
All rights reserved.