Synonyms of come out
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up, appear
- usage: appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- 2. appear, come out, happen, materialize, materialise
- usage: be issued or published; "Did your latest book appear yet?"; "The new Woody Allen film hasn't come out yet"
- 3. issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress
- usage: come out of; "Water issued from the hole in the wall"; "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
- 4. turn out, come out, end, stop, finish, terminate, cease
- usage: result or end; "How will the game turn out?"
- 5. come out, fall out, issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress
- usage: come off; "His hair and teeth fell out"
- 6. place, come in, come out, rank
- usage: take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
- 7. come to the fore, step forward, come forward, step up, step to the fore, come out, act, move
- usage: make oneself visible; take action; "Young people should step to the fore and help their peers"
- 8. start, protrude, pop, pop out, bulge, bulge out, bug out, come out, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
- 9. come out of the closet, out, come out, unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out
- usage: to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality; "This actor outed last year"
- 10. out, come out
- usage: be made known; be disclosed or revealed; "The truth will out"
- 11. erupt, come out, break through, push through, appear
- usage: break out; "The tooth erupted and had to be extracted"
All rights reserved.