Synonyms of come back
- 1. rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback, counter, reply, response
- usage: a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one); "it brought a sharp rejoinder from the teacher"
- 2. comeback, reappearance, return
- usage: return by a celebrity to some previously successful activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. come back, return, reappear, re-emerge
- usage: be restored; "Her old vigor returned"
- 2. hark back, return, come back, recall, denote, refer
- usage: go back to something earlier; "This harks back to a previous remark of his"
- 3. come back, catch up
- usage: even the score, in sports
- 4. retort, come back, repay, return, riposte, rejoin, answer, reply, respond
- usage: answer back
All rights reserved.