- 1. comb, device
- usage: a flat device with narrow pointed teeth on one edge; disentangles or arranges hair
- 2. comb, cockscomb, coxcomb, crest
- usage: the fleshy red crest on the head of the domestic fowl and other gallinaceous birds
- 3. comb, tool
- usage: any of several tools for straightening fibers
- 4. comb, plate
- usage: ciliated comb-like swimming plate of a ctenophore
- 5. comb, combing, hair care, haircare, hairdressing
- usage: the act of drawing a comb through hair; "his hair needed a comb"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. comb, straighten, straighten out
- usage: straighten with a comb; "comb your hair"
- 2. comb, ransack, search
- usage: search thoroughly; "They combed the area for the missing child"
- 3. comb, comb out, disentangle, groom, neaten
- usage: smoothen and neaten with or as with a comb; "comb your hair before dinner"; "comb the wool"
All rights reserved.
See also: comb (Dictionary)