- 1. coloring, colouring, food coloring, food colouring, food color, food colour, foodstuff, food product
- usage: a digestible substance used to give color to food; "food color made from vegetable dyes"
- 2. color, colour, coloring, colouring, visual property
- usage: a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; "a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"
- 3. coloring, colouring, change of color
- usage: the act or process of changing the color of something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color in, colour in, change, alter, modify
- usage: add color to; "The child colored the drawings"; "Fall colored the trees"; "colorize black and white film"
- 2. tinge, color, colour, distort, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: affect as in thought or feeling; "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
- 3. color, colour, influence, act upon, work
- usage: modify or bias; "His political ideas color his lectures"
- 4. color, colour, emblazon, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with colors; "color the walls with paint in warm tones"
- 5. color, colour, gloss, apologize, apologise, excuse, justify, rationalize, rationalise
- usage: give a deceptive explanation or excuse for; "color a lie"
- 6. discolor, discolour, colour, color, change
- usage: change color, often in an undesired manner; "The shirts discolored"
All rights reserved.
See also: coloring (Dictionary)