WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. colorful (vs. colorless), colourful, ablaze, bright, brilliant, vivid, changeable, chatoyant, iridescent, shot, deep, rich, fluorescent, prismatic, psychedelic, shrill, vibrant, chromatic
- usage: having striking color; "colorful autumn leaves"
- 2. colorful (vs. colorless), colourful (vs. colourless), brave, braw, gay, flashy, gaudy, jazzy, showy, sporty, many-sided, noisy, picturesque
- usage: striking in variety and interest; "a colorful period of history"; "a colorful character"; "colorful language"
- 3. colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful, crimson, red, reddened, red-faced, flushed, bay, bicolor, bicolour, bicolored, bicoloured, bichrome, dichromatic, black, blackened, blue-flowered, brightly-colored, brightly-coloured, buff-colored, buff-coloured, chestnut-colored, chestnut-coloured, chocolate-colored, chocolate-coloured, cinnamon colored, cinnamon coloured, cinnamon-colored, cinnamon-coloured, cinnamon-red, cream-colored, creamy-colored, creamy-white, dark-colored, dark-coloured, dusky-colored, dusky-coloured, dun-colored, dun-coloured, fawn-colored, fawn-coloured, flame-colored, flame-coloured, flesh-colored, flesh-coloured, garnet-colored, garnet-coloured, ginger, gingery, gold-colored, gold-coloured, honey-colored, honey-coloured, indigo, lead-colored, lead-coloured, liver-colored, liver, metal-colored, metal-coloured, metallic-colored, metallic-coloured, monochromatic, monochrome, monochromic, monochromous, motley, calico, multicolor, multi-color, multicolour, multi-colour, multicolored, multi-colored, multicoloured, multi-coloured, painted, particolored, particoloured, piebald, pied, varicolored, varicoloured, neutral-colored, neutral-coloured, olive-colored, olive-coloured, orange-colored, orange-coloured, orange-hued, orange-flowered, pale-colored, pale-hued, pastel-colored, peach-colored, polychromatic, polychrome, polychromic, purple-flowered, red-flowered, roan, rose-colored, rosy-colored, rust-colored, silver-colored, straw-colored, straw-coloured, tawny-colored, tawny-coloured, trichromatic, trichrome, tricolor, violet-colored, violet-coloured, violet-flowered, violet-purple
- usage: having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination; "colored crepe paper"; "the film was in color"; "amber-colored heads of grain"
All rights reserved.
See also: colorful (Dictionary)