WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. colon, large intestine
- usage: the part of the large intestine between the cecum and the rectum; it extracts moisture from food residues before they are excreted
- 2. colon, El Salvadoran colon, El Salvadoran monetary unit
- usage: the basic unit of money in El Salvador; equal to 100 centavos
- 3. colon, Costa Rican colon, Costa Rican monetary unit
- usage: the basic unit of money in Costa Rica; equal to 100 centimos
- 4. Colon, Aspinwall
- usage: a port city at the Caribbean entrance to the Panama Canal
- 5. colon, punctuation, punctuation mark
- usage: a punctuation mark (:) used after a word introducing a series or an example or an explanation (or after the salutation of a business letter)
All rights reserved.
See also: colon (Dictionary)