WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. askew, awry(predicate), cockeyed, lopsided, wonky, skew-whiff, crooked (vs. straight)
- usage: turned or twisted toward one side; "a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton; "his wig was, as the British say, skew-whiff"
- 2. absurd, cockeyed, derisory, idiotic, laughable, ludicrous, nonsensical, preposterous, ridiculous, foolish (vs. wise)
- usage: incongruous;inviting ridicule; "the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework"; "that's a cockeyed idea"; "ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer"; "a contribution so small as to be laughable"; "it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion"; "a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history"; "her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull children was ridiculous"
- 3. besotted, blind drunk, blotto, crocked, cockeyed, fuddled, loaded, pie-eyed, pissed, pixilated, plastered, slopped, sloshed, smashed, soaked, soused, sozzled, squiffy, stiff, tight, wet, intoxicated (vs. sober), drunk, inebriated
- usage: very drunk
All rights reserved.
See also: cockeyed (Dictionary)