Synonyms of coaxing
- 1. blarney, coaxing, soft soap, sweet talk, flattery
- usage: flattery designed to gain favor
- 1. wheedle, cajole, palaver, blarney, coax, sweet-talk, inveigle, persuade
- usage: influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering; "He palavered her into going along"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coaxing, ingratiatory, persuasive (vs. dissuasive)
- usage: pleasingly persuasive or intended to persuade; "a coaxing and obsequious voice"; "her manner is quiet and ingratiatory and a little too agreeable"
All rights reserved.