- 1. coach, manager, handler, trainer
- usage: (sports) someone in charge of training an athlete or a team
- 2. coach, private instructor, tutor, teacher, instructor
- usage: a person who gives private instruction (as in singing, acting, etc.)
- 3. passenger car, coach, carriage, car, railcar, railway car, railroad car
- usage: a railcar where passengers ride
- 4. coach, four-in-hand, coach-and-four, carriage, equipage, rig
- usage: a carriage pulled by four horses with one driver
- 5. bus, autobus, coach, charabanc, double-decker, jitney, motorbus, motorcoach, omnibus, passenger vehicle, public transport
- usage: a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport; "he always rode the bus to work"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. coach, train, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: teach and supervise (someone); act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports; "He is training our Olympic team"; "She is coaching the crew"
- 2. coach, drive
- usage: drive a coach
All rights reserved.
See also: coach (Dictionary)