Synonyms of co opt
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. co-opt, elect
- usage: choose or elect as a fellow member or colleague; "The church members co-opted individuals from similar backgrounds to replenish the congregation"
- 2. co-opt, neutralize
- usage: neutralize or win over through assimilation into an established group; "We co-opted the independent minority tribes by pulling them into the Northern Alliance"
- 3. co-opt, appoint, name, nominate, constitute
- usage: appoint summarily or commandeer; "The army tried to co-opt peasants into civil defence groups"
- 4. co-opt, take, accept
- usage: take or assume for one's own use; "He co-opted the criticism and embraced it"
All rights reserved.