- 1. clove, flower bud
- usage: aromatic flower bud of a clove tree; yields a spice
- 2. clove, clove tree, Syzygium aromaticum, Eugenia aromaticum, Eugenia caryophyllatum, spice tree
- usage: moderate sized very symmetrical red-flowered evergreen widely cultivated in the tropics for its flower buds which are source of cloves
- 3. clove, garlic clove, garlic, ail
- usage: one of the small bulblets that can be split off of the axis of a larger garlic bulb
- 4. clove, spice
- usage: spice from dried unopened flower bud of the clove tree; used whole or ground
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cleave, split, rive, tear
- usage: separate or cut with a tool, such as a sharp instrument; "cleave the bone"
- 2. cleave, make, create
- usage: make by cutting into; "The water is going to cleave a channel into the rock"
- 3. cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
All rights reserved.
See also: clove (Dictionary)